Looking for a dessert to bring some zing to your next event? Try these decadent lemon thyme bars! Fresh thyme compliments the highlighted lemon overtones, bringing into play a unique and delightful flavor that is sure to wow all who partake, thyme and thyme again!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour, and 1/2 cup sugar. Press completed dough into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes before adding filling.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and 2 tablespoons fresh thyme. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together eggs and lemon juice. Add in flour mixture, and mix until thoroughly blended. Pour completed filling mixture over cooled crust, and baked for an additional 20 minutes. Bars will set up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely before using a small kitchen strainer (tea strainers work great) to add a dusting of powdered sugar as a topping.
- Cut into 2 inch squares, arrange decoratively on a serving plate, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: allrecipes.com